Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the focus of iOS Conf SG 2023?
We are back for an in-person event again! That means our focus is all of you, iOS Engineers to learn something new, to raise your own bar and have tons of fun.
- When and where will the conference be held?
The conference starts on Thursday, 12 January 2023, 2-6pm (registration starts at 1pm) and Friday, 13 January 2023, 9am-6pm at Shaw Foundation Alumni House, 11 Kent Ridge Drive, Singapore 119244. The workshop will be held in the same venue
- What are the safety rules I need to do?
Wearing masks are optional for fully vaccinated attendees. However, We encourage you to maintain a safe distance and use your mask when you are in a larger group. If you are unvaccinated, please refer to the guidelines below.
- I am coming to Singapore as a traveller, what should I do?
Please refer to the guidelines below.
- What are the ticket types available?
Bundle ticket holders will have access to both the workshop and conference days, including all sessions and activities.
Conference ONLY ticket holders will have access to the sessions on the conference day. However, conference ONLY participants won't have access to the workshop.
You will also receive one set of the conference swag.
- Will there be food?
Breakfast, lunch and snacks will be served on the conference day. There will be snacks on the workshop day. All food served is Halal. Vegetarian options will be available in limited quantities.
- Will I get a refund if I can not attend the event?
As we have pre-booked for the logistics, we cannot accept refund requests. However, you may choose to transfer your registration to a friend or colleague if you cannot attend the event.
- Will there be a live streaming?
There won't be live streaming. However, some of the talks will be available on the iOS Conf SG YouTube account later. We will not record the workshop.
- Can I only attend half of the event?
You still have to pay the full amount. You may watch the session recordings later if you miss a few sessions. However, we strongly encourage you to block your time to attend the entire conference and participate in all activities.
- How can I speak at iOS Conf SG 2023?
Currently, all talks have been finalized. We look forward for your talk proposal for 2024!
- Why do you ask for my Covid-19 vaccination status?
We aim to keep everyone safe. Therefore, we seek your understanding and cooperation in conducting a smooth event. Please refer to the guidelines below.
Do you have more questions? Send it to email@example.com and we will add it here.
Guidelines for Fully Vaccinated Attendees and Visitors
As Singapore is reopening the border, the latest travel requiremens to Singapore can be retrieved from the official website at https://www.visitsingapore.com/travel-guide-tips/travel-requirements/
In summary, your pre-departure checklist:
- Obtain proof of vaccination
- Secure tickets for any flight to Singapore
- Download the TraceTogether app from https://www.tracetogether.gov.sg/ and register your profile. Ensure that you have the ✅ (green tick) as your vaccination status.
- 3 days before departure: Submit SG Arrival Card (https://www.ica.gov.sg/enter-transit-depart/entering-singapore/sg-arrival-card) and e-health declaration via the official and free e-service on the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) website
- We encourage visitors to purchase a travel insurance. If you are non-vaccinated, the authorities recommend to get a travel insurance of at least SGD 30,000 coverage.
If you are unvaccinated ...
In line with the prevailing national guidelines for events with less than 500 participants, as of 28 August 2022, you can attend the conference but are not allowed to consume food and drink at the venue, including the after-party.